- Gram flour (besan) 2 cups
- Semolina 2 cups
- Sugar 3 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Ghee/ oil 1/2 cup
- Cardamoms 8, peel and crush seeds
- Almonds and pistachios finely chopped as required for garnish
- Raisins 10
- Heat ghee in a pan; add the cardamom seeds when hot.
- Then add sooji and besan, lower heat and cook stirring continuously.
- Remove from the pan. Combine ½ cup water and sugar in the pan and cook for five minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the besan and sooji to sugar syrup and cook stirring constantly, add raisins, continue to stir, then add milk and stir till the milk is mixed in thoroughly.
- Apply a little ghee to a large platter and spread the halwa in it.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Cut in pieces when cool.
COURTESY BY: http://www.khanapakana.com