- Leftover mashed potatoes 2 cups
- Flour 2 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese 2/3 cup
- Spring onion chopped 1
- Sausage chopped 1
- Egg 1
- Bread crumbs 1-1/2 cup
- Oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Honey mustard sauce for dipping
- Honey 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 4-6 tbsp
- Dijon mustard 1 tsp
- Mustard 1 tbsp
- Mix potatoes and flour nicely and then add cheese, sausage and spring onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of mixture and roll with hands into small ball.
- If it doesn’t holds it shape, add little flour to make potatoes sturdy.
- Whisk egg into bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place bread crumbs in additional plate.
- Dip each ball in egg and roll in bread crumbs until fluffy coated.
- Heat oil and add potato bites.
- Deep fry just about 1-2 minutes to brown and remove on paper lined plate to allow excess oil to drain off.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce for dipping.
- For sauce: Mix all ingredients until smooth and serve with potato bites.