- Brownie or chocolate cake squares 4-6
- Sugar 1 cup & 1 tbsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Unsalted roasted peanuts 1 cup
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Coffee 2 tbsp
- Hot water 1-1/2 tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk 3/4 cup
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream 2 cups
- Chocolate sauce ¼ cup (to drizzle)
- In a pan, combine 1 cup sugar with the water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderately high heat, undisturbed, until caramel forms, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the roasted peanuts, cinnamon and salt until the peanuts are evenly coated.
- Scrape the caramel mixture onto a greased tin and spread in an even layer. Let stand until the brittle is hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Break off 4 medium-size pieces of peanut brittle. Place the remaining brittle in a resealable plastic bag and roll with a rolling pin to crush the brittle into small pieces.
- Dissolve instant coffee in 1-1/2 tsp hot water. In a medium bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk with the dissolved instant coffee.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar until softly whipped.
- Just before serving, put the chocolate cake pieces or brownie squares in individual bowls. Scoop the ice cream over and drizzle with the milky coffee.
- Sprinkle with the crushed peanut brittle and top with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Drizzle little chocolate sauce.
- Garnish with the reserved pieces of peanut brittle and serve at once.
Courtesy By: http://khanapakana.com/