Rose water is an excellent ingredient for beauty recipes for all skin types because of its soothing and balancing properties. It has natural cooling, astringent, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
In fact, you can use rose water directly on your skin as a skin toner to tighten the pores. It cleanses your skin, adds a beautiful glow and nourishes it to prevent signs of aging.
During the summer, you can freshen up by spraying rose water on your face. You can also add it to your bathwater for a rejuvenating bath. Plus, rose water is good for reducing under-eye puffiness and dark circles. Its soothing fragrance also helps relieve stress.
To make your own rose water at home, you need to boil rose petals in distilled water with ice cubes placed on the lid to allow pure rose water to form through the process of condensation.
You can make this process easy and convenient by placing a bowl inside the boiling pot to collect the drops of pure rose water dripping from the underside of the lid. Place the lid upside down so that you can use the inverted space to hold the ice cubes.The whole process will take 20 to 30 minutes.
How to make your own homemade rose water
Things you will need:
- Fresh roses
- Distilled water
- A boiling pot or a deep saucepan
- A stand
- A bowl (to be placed inside the boiling pot for collecting the rose water)
- A bottle for storing the end product
1. Wash the roses and separate the petals.
2. Put an appropriate sized metal stand inside the boiling pot and add the rose petals.
3. Push the petals to the sides of the pot and place a bowl on the stand.
4. Add enough water to the pot to cover the rose petals.
5. Cover the pot with its lid upside down and bring the solution to a boil.
6. Place ice cubes on the inverted lid and let the solution simmer on medium-low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
As mentioned above, you can use rose water for a number of purposes. For example, you can use it as a natural and effective makeup remover. Just soak a cotton ball or cotton pad in the rose water and use it to wipe off your makeup.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- If you do not have a metal stand to place inside the pot, you can use ceramic balls. The idea is that the bowl inside the boiling pot should not touch the pot and get too heated.
- Make sure the bowl you are using inside the pot is an appropriate size to allow the inverted lid to cover the pot properly.
- Store your homemade rose water in the refrigerator. It can last for about 10 days
Courtesy By: http://top10homeremedies.com/