Dull and dry hair can make anyone go crazy and look for treatments to restore their hair’s shine.
Instead of relying on commercial products that contain chemicals, you can use some natural ingredients to support your hair’s health. Natural ingredients not only ensure that your hair is not treated with chemicals, but also are cost effective.
Ripe papaya is a popular ingredient for homemade hair masks. Along with papaya, coconut milk and honey are great for making a hydrating and growth-supporting hair mask.
Each of these ingredients has benefits for hair care.
Ripe papaya is rich in numerous nutrients like vitamins A and C, beta carotene, magnesium, potassium and copper that support healthy hair growth and also help make your hair smooth and shiny.
Plus, the enzymes in papaya prevent buildup of oil and impurities on the scalp, one of the main causes of dandruff. It also works as a great hair conditioner (when used in small amounts) to give a nice shine to dull, unruly and lifeless hair.
Like coconut oil, coconut milk is an excellent ingredient for hair care. The high vitamin E and fat content in it helps strengthen your hair from the roots. It also helps soften and treat dry hair. It easily penetrates deep into hair shafts, which in turn supports hair growth. Some people even use coconut milk to massage the scalp before taking a shower to support hair growth.
Honey is another excellent ingredient for your hair. This natural emollient works as a hair softener for smooth and soft hair. The antioxidants in it help make your scalp healthy and stimulate hair growth.
How to Make a DIY Papaya Hair Mask
Things you’ll need:
- Ripe papaya – ½ cup
- Coconut milk– ¼ cup
- Honey– 1 teaspoon
1. Put ½ cup of peeled ripe papaya (cut into cubes) in a blender.
2. Next, add ¼ cup of coconut milk.
3. Then, add 1 teaspoon of raw, organic honey.
4. Blend the ingredients for a few minutes, until you get a smooth paste.
5. Transfer the contents to a bowl.
Voila! Your homemade papaya hair mask is ready for use.
How to use this hair mask
- Shampoo your hair.
- Apply this hair mask thoroughly all over your damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Allow the mask to do its work for about 30 minutes or more.
- Finally, rinse it out with water.
- Use this hair mask 1 or 2 times a week.
As this hair mask provides hair conditioning benefits, you need not shampoo your hair after applying it. If there is a lingering smell then you can wash your hair with a mild shampoo the next day.
- Avoid using unripe papaya for making this hair mask. Unripe papaya releases a latex fluid, which can cause irritation and produce an allergic reaction in some people.
- Try to use organic papaya to make this hair mask.
- Instead of coconut milk, you can use plain yogurt.
- If you have extremely dry hair, you can also add a little olive oil to the mask.
- In addition, include papaya (both ripe and unripe) in your diet to support hair growth
Courtesy By: http://top10homeremedies.com/