Acne, wrinkles, scars and dark circles under the eyes can give anyone nightmares. These problems not only spoil the beauty of your face but also damage your skin.
An array of skin and beauty products on the market claim to remedy acne and scars as well as dark circles and wrinkles.
More often than not, however, the cost of these assorted creams and lotions go over our budget. Also, most of them are chemical-based, although some claim to be natural formulas.
Instead of looking for products to buy, you can just look around your kitchen cupboards. There you can find several ingredients that are good for your damaged skin.
One such ingredient is turmeric. This yellow spice has antioxidant property that helps fight free-radical damage and paves the path to flawless skin.
Also, it is very effective in treating acne, removing scars and reducing wrinkles and dark circles. It has antibacterial property that helps kill P. acnes bacteria, which cause acne.
It also has anti-inflammatory property that helps reduce inflammation and pain.
Along with turmeric, other kitchen ingredients that promote healthy and flawless skin are honey, coconut oil and yogurt.
Honey is great for moisturizing your skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the redness and inflammation associated with acne. It can even heal acne scars and make your skin smooth and soft.
Coconut oil offers antibacterial as well as antioxidant benefits for your skin. It is great for maintaining younger looking skin and fading scars and blemishes.
Yogurt contains lactic acid that removes dead skin cells, which contributes to signs of aging like wrinkles. It even helps maintain the skin’s pH level.
When used regularly, this turmeric face mask will help clear up these common skin problems that exasperate the young and old.
DIY Recipe for Turmeric Face Mask to Treat Acne, Wrinkles, Scars and Dark Circles
Things you’ll need:
- Organic turmeric powder – 1 to 3 teaspoons
- Yogurt – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – 1 teaspoon
- Extra-virgin coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
1. Put 1 tablespoon of yogurt (minus the whey) in a bowl.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of raw honey to the bowl.
3. Next, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
4. Finally, it’s time to add 1 to 3 teaspoons of organic turmeric powder.
5. Mix all the ingredients together. Your final product should be a lump-free paste with a smooth consistency.
Your turmeric face mask is now ready to use.
How to Use Your Turmeric Face Mask
- First, thoroughly wash your face and gently pat it dry.
- Apply the homemade turmeric face mask on your face with your clean fingers or using a makeup brush.
- Allow the mask to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this face mask once a week to enjoy flawless skin.
- To separate the whey from the yogurt, put yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang it over a bowl on your kitchen counter for 3 to 4 hours.
- If possible, use Greek yogurt. It has a thicker consistency.
- Always wash your hands before touching your face.
- Resist the temptation to pick or squeeze your acne. Constant picking and squeezing can give rise to inflammation. Scars form due to the collagen loss triggered by intense inflammation.
- Sunlight worsens the condition, so staying out of the sun might be a good option. Wearing sunscreen goes without saying. Choose a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more.
- Cover your skin with long sleeves, pants and a wide-brimmed hat if you must go out in the sun.
- Follow a healthy diet and drink plenty of water for a healthy body and skin.
- Do not use too much makeup and never go to bed without removing your makeup.
- Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Enjoy 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily to encourage healthy and glowing skin.
Courtesy By: http://top10homeremedies.com/