- 2 1-lb. eggplants
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup drained oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 2 ounces pitted picholine olives (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 ounces pitted kalamata olives (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Cut 2 1 1/4-inch-thick slices lengthwise from center of each eggplant; reserve curved ends for another use. Brush eggplant slices with grapeseed oil; sprinkle evenly with paprika, salt, and pepper, pressing to adhere.
2. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Grill eggplant steaks until charred and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
3. Pulse tomatoes and olives in a mini food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in olive oil and vinegar.
4. Place 1 eggplant steak on each of 4 plates. Top eggplant with tapenade. Sprinkle with basil.
Courtesy by: http://health.com/recipes/