Here are some methods of using besan or gram flour for oily skin in which you can use gram flour along or in combination with other natural ingredients to get rid of oily skin.
Have a look at them and try it at home to get relief from excess oiliness on the face.
Mask – 1: (Gram Flour)
Gram flour removes oil, dirt and other impurities on the skin to make you feel fresh and rejuvenated.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of besan in a bowl and stir it by adding enough water.
- Whisk it till it forms a fine thick paste.
- Spread it on the face as a mask and leave it for few minutes till dry.
- Finally, rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry it.
- Continue doing the same process once or twice daily to get rid of excess oiliness on the skin.
Mask – 2: (Gram Flour with Lemon)
Both lemon and gram flour will help to reduce the production of sebum and restores the pH levels of the skin. Lemon juice will shrink the enlarged skin pores with its astringent property.
- Place 2 tablespoons of gram flour in a small bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and water to it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it all over the face and neck.
- Wait for 20 – 30 minutes and then rinse your face and neck with water.
- Dry your skin and repeat the same regularly for thrice a week.
Mask – 3: (Gram Flour with Curd)
Curd (or yogurt) has an astringent property that closes your enlarged skin pores and thereby reduces the sebum production. It also has alpha hydroxy acid and lactic acid that exfoliate the skin to remove the dirt and excess oil.
- Whisk 2 – 3 tablespoons of curd in a small bowl and add 2 tablespoons of gram flour to it.
- Stir well to make a paste and apply it all over the face and neck as a mask.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water.
- Dry the skin and continue this face mask for once in every 2 days to get relief from oily skin.
Note: Or use milk instead of curd. Simply, stir 2 tablespoons of besan by adding enough milk till it forms a paste. Apply it on the face and rinse it off with lukewarm water after it dried completely. Do it once daily.
Mask – 4: (Gram Flour with Orange Peel)
Most of the people know that orange peel is one best remedy for treating oily skin, as it absorbs the excess oil from the skin with its rich content of vitamin C. It balances the oil production and thus prevents the skin from getting over oily or dryness.
- Put 1 tablespoon each of gram flour and orange peel powder in a bowl.
- Mix well by adding some water to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on the face and neck thoroughly.
- Massage gently for 5 – 7 minutes in circular motions.
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat the same for thrice a week on regular basis.
Note: Or you can replace orange peel powder with raw honey or cucumber juice or turmeric with water or rose water to make a fine paste and apply it on the face as a mask to get rid of excess oiliness on the skin.
Courtesy by: http://diyremedies.org/