- Carrots (gajar), scraped, grated 500 gm
- Milk, full cream 8 cups / 1½ lt
- Sugar (or to taste) 8 tbsp / 160 gm
- Ghee 3/4 cup / 150 gm
- Green cardamoms (choti elaichi),
- crushed (seeds only) 6
- Cashew nuts (kaju), chopped 10
- Almonds (badam), blanched, chopped 10
- Saffron (kesar), soaked in 1 tsp hot
- water or milk a few strands
- Silver leaf (varq) 1
- Boil the milk and the carrots together on a low flame, till all the milk is absorbed.
- Add the sugar and ghee, sauté till the carrot turns golden red and the ghee separates.
- Add the crushed green cardamom seeds, cashew nuts, almonds (keep aside a few dry fruits for the garnish), and saffron, mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining dry fruits and silver leaf.
COURTESY BY: http://www.khanapakana.com/