- Curd 400 gm
- Reduced milk (Khoya) (crumbled) 200 gm
- All purpose flour 300 gm
- Milk 80 ml
- Water 80 ml
- Cinnamon sticks 2” pieces
- Sugar 2 cup
- Ghee for frying
- Green apple 2
- Powdered sugar 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder 1/4 tsp
- Tie the curd in a muslin cloth and hang to drain out water.
- Combine reduced milk, flour, milk and water to make a smooth batter.
- Combine cinnamon sticks and sugar with 2 cups water and boil to make sugar syrup thick enough to coat back of wooden spoon and keep aside.
- For Malpuas: Heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Place a ring mold in the center of hot ghee and spoon batter into the mold.
- Fry till golden on one side, remove mold, turn over and cook the other side till golden.
- Remove, put into the sugar syrup for a minute, remove and drain.
- Chop one green apple finely.
- Whisk together the hung curd, powdered sugar and cinnamon powder and mix chopped apple into this.
- Scoop this shrikhand into glasses and refrigerate to chill.
- Finely slice the other apple and arrange the slices in a fan formation as garnish on the shrikhand.
- Place the glass on a plate, place malpuas, sprinkle over with cinnamon powder and serve.
COURTESY BY: http://www.khanapakana.com