Almonds are rich in zinc and vitamin B12 which help prevent anxiety. This process relaxes you before bed to reduce stress.
- Soak 10 almonds overnight in water to soften.
- The next morning, peel off the skin.
- Blend almonds, 1 cup of warm milk, a pinch of ginger, and a pinch of nutmeg until smooth.
- Drink regularly before bed for best results to reduce stress.
2. Oil Massage
Message deeply relaxes and calms the body while eliminating toxins, making you feel better both physically and mentally.
- Use sesame, coconut, sunflower, or corn oil for best results.
- Warm the oil and rub all over the body, especially the scalp and bottom of the feet.
- Massage before taking bath in the morning helps to calm down in the day.
- You can massage before going to bed also.
- Massage regularly to get relief from anxiety.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda calms nerves to rid anxiety.
- Add 1/3 cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of ginger to warm bath water.
- Soak for 15 minutes.
- Shower immediate after.
- Repeat regularly to get rid of tension.
Tea has a calming effect on nerves to rid anxiety. Dried rosemary herbs, chamomile flowers, or green tea are all very effective options for making tea.
- Steep 1 – 2 teaspoons of your preferred herb in a cup of warm water.
- Drink regularly twice a day.
- Add sugar or honey to enhance flavor, if desired.
5. Proper Diet
Diet plays a key role with anxiety. An anxiety attack can be attributed to low blood sugar, therefore eating healthy food can help control anxiety.
- Eat whole grain foods, seaweed, blueberries, green leafy vegetables, acai berries, maca root, chocolate, walnuts, and almonds.
- Avoid fried foods, high glycemic carbs, alcohol, unrefined sugars, and coffee.
- Eat Eggs and bread as a breakfast because they have proteins and natural source of choline (the deficiency of choline causes the anxiety).
- Eat food that contains omega 3s (fish oil) to prevent depression and anxiety. Eat 2.5 milligrams of omega 3 fatty acids daily for 12 weeks. Foods rich in omega 3s include oily, cold water fish, salmon, anchovies, sardines, and mussels.
- Eat food containing magnesium, vitamin B12, zinc, and anti-oxidants to control anxiety.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
Courtesy by: http://diyremedies.org/