Who doesn’t want flawless skin but in these days, most people think that beauty depends on the money like spending on spas or beauty parlors? Well, there is no need to spend that much money when natural remedies at home can do the trick for you.
Freckles are one such woe of the skin that most of the people don’t want to deal with. So, what exactly are these freckles? Is it treatable at home? And how can you get rid of them with the best natural remedies? Are there any tips to prevent its recurrence in future?
You will get all these information in this article. Scroll down to start reading all about freckles and its natural remedies.
What are Freckles?
Freckles are tiny brown spots on the skin that appears most commonly on the facial skin, arms and shoulders and other sun exposed areas of the skin. People with fair skin (more sensitive) to sun damage are more prone to these freckles.
What Causes Freckles?
It is mainly caused due to an increase in the melanin production in certain skin cells that make it get darker and appear as dark spots on the skin. The increase in melanin is caused due to heredity, stress, hormonal imbalances, etc. However, there are not harmful but it can be a sign of skin damage and they make you feel embarrassed.
Is it treatable at home?
Yes, there are many natural remedies available at home to treat your freckles and make you glow with an even toned skin. Avoid choosing chemical peels, bleaching, cryosurgery, and laser treatments for clearing your freckles or spots on the skin. Always choose natural ways to heal/clear the problem.
How to Fade Freckles with Natural Remedies?
Here you’re about to learn some best home remedies that deal with how to fade freckles safely with simple ingredients at home. Let’s get started.
Remedy – 1: (Lemon Juice)
Lemon contains citric acid that exhibits bleaching property to fade away the freckles and other dark spots on the skin. Simply rub the freckles affected skin with lemon juice to get rid of the problem. The only drawback of using lemon is that it causes a stinging sensation in the dry or sensitive skin people.
For those people, dilute lemon juice by adding water or plain yogurt. Don’t go out in the sun for 30 minutes after using lemon treatment, as it causes photo sensitivity.
Here are few ways of using lemon for treating freckles.
- Add a pinch of salt in 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and raw honey in a bowl. Stir well to make a paste and apply it on the freckles (not to get contact with your eyes). Wait for 20 – 30 minutes and rinse with water. Dry the skin and repeat the same process for 2 – 3 times daily till you get rid of the freckles.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Spread this mix on the freckled skin and rinse off with water after 20 minutes and dry the skin. Apply moisturizer and perform this application daily to get complete relief from the problems.
- Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of sugar on one-half of the lemon. Use this sugar sprinkled lemon piece to scrub your skin for 2 – 3 minutes. Wash the area with water and continue it regularly for twice a week until you get rid of freckles.
Remedy – 2: (Sour Milk or Cream)
Sour milk and sour cream will help to lighten your skin with its lactic acid that inhibits the production of the tyrosinase enzyme, which in turn causes over pigmentation.
- Sour Milk – Rinse your face with some sour milk and leave it on for few minutes. Rinse with water and repeat it 3 times daily.
- Sour Cream – Apply any sour cream on the freckles affected skin areas. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wipe off with a soft towel or tissue. Dry the skin to apply moisturizer or sunscreen. Repeat it once a day for a week and then reduce its frequency to twice a week (OR) replace your sour cream with yogurt.
Remedy – 3: (Papaya)
The presence of papain enzyme in papaya will help you to exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells. It also inhibits the tyrosinase which in turn stops the production of melanin and prevents the appearance of new freckles. To obtain more papain, you have to use raw, green papaya.
Here are some ways of using papaya for freckles.
- Take a ripe papaya and mash it properly. Apply it on the skin and wait for 15 – 30 minutes and rinse off with water. Do it once or twice daily for best results.
- Blend some raw papaya to obtain its puree and add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Stir well and spread it on the freckles affected areas and wash with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it daily.
- Extract fresh papaya juice by using a food processor and apply this juice on the skin using a cotton ball. Wait for 10 – 15 minutes and rinse off completely with cool water. Repeat the process daily.
Remedy – 4: (Horseradish)
Horseradish has antioxidant properties that lighten your dark spots and the rich content of vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) helps to reduce these scars or dark spots appearances by restricting melanin production.
Here are few ways of using horseradish root for clearing freckles.
- Grate 1/2 cup of horseradish root and place it in a jar to mix with 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar. Cover it with a lid and keep it aside for 2 weeks by shaking it once daily. After that, strain the vinegar and apply it on the freckles using a cotton ball for twice daily.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of horseradish powder in 1 cup of boiling milk and stir well. Remove it from heat and strain it after it cools down. Apply it on the freckles affected skin areas and wash the area after 15 – 20 minutes. You will observe fading of freckles while applying it daily.
- Take a horseradish root and chop it. Now extract its juice by using a blender or juice and apply it on the skin with the help of a cotton ball. Rinse with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Repeat it once daily.
- Squeeze juice of a lemon in freshly grated 1 horseradish root and apply this mix on the skin. Let it sit for few minutes until dry and rinse it off with cool water. Continue it every other day to get rid of the problem.
Remedy – 5: (Honey)
The excellent moisturizing properties and enzymes in honey will help to lighten the pigmentation on the skin. It acts as a natural humectant that gives your skin a natural glow.
Here are few ways of using honey for fading freckles on the skin.
- Mix raw honey and water in a bowl to make it as a thin paste. Slightly heat it in the microwave and apply this lukewarm mix on the freckles affected skin areas. Leave it to dry completely and rinse with warm water. Do it once or twice daily till you get complete relief from the problem.
- Warm some raw honey and mix wheat germ till it forms a fine paste. Apply this paste on the skin and rinse with warm water followed by cold water (closes the skin pores) after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it thrice a week for a couple of months.
- Stir equal quantities of plain yogurt and raw honey in a bowl. Apply it on the freckled skin and wait for 30 – 40 minutes. Rinse off with water and repeat it for once daily.
Remedy – 6: (Buttermilk)
The lactic acid in buttermilk exfoliates the skin to clear the dead cells and other impurities. It has natural bleaching properties that fade away these dark spots and exhibits the similar results of a skin peeling. Drink buttermilk and apply it daily to get rid of the problem.
- Cut the sheet of cheesecloth to fit for your nose, eyes, and mouth. Rinse your face using a mild soap and water. Don’t dry it to place the cheesecloth mask dipped in buttermilk on the face. Dry it for few minutes, re-soak and repeat the same process for 4 times.
- Simply apply buttermilk to your freckled skin with the help of a cotton ball. Dry it for 15 – 20 minutes and wash the area properly with water. pat dry the skin and do it twice daily.
- Mix enough buttermilk in 2 tablespoons of powder oatmeal till it forms a paste. Apply it on the freckled skin and rinse with cool water after 30 – 45 minutes. Regularly follow it once daily for best results.
- Stir 1 tablespoon each of fresh lemon juice and buttermilk in a bowl. Spread this mix on the skin and rinse off with water after 15 – 20 minutes. Do it once daily to get rid of freckles.
- Cut a potato into round slices and soak these slices in enough buttermilk for 15 minutes. Then take this soaked potato slice and use it to rub it all over the freckles areas of the skin for 5 minutes. Dry the skin and wash off with cool water. Continue it thrice a week regularly to get the fair and flawless skin.
Remedy – 7: (Onions)
The sulfur content in onions helps to exfoliate the skin to remove dead cells and other impurities. It also helps to lighten your dark spots and freckles. For best results, always use red onions rather than white.
- Slice an onion and rub the onion slice all over the freckled skin for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Leave it to dry the onion juice on the skin and rinse off with water.
- Do it daily for few times a day until you get complete relief from these freckles and dark spots on the skin.
Note: Or mince an onion and extract its juice using a strainer. Then add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to this onion juice and apply it on the freckled skin using a cotton ball. Dry the skin and rinse with water. Do it 2 – 3 times a week for a month to get relief from these freckles.
Remedy – 8: (Sake or Rice Wine)
Kojic acid is a byproduct formed in the process of fermenting or malting rice. Sake or rice wine inhibits tyrosinase and thereby reduces melanin production. Make sure to store this wine in a dark bottle why because the sunlight makes it lose its potency.
- Stir 1 teaspoon each of raw honey, sake, and yogurt in a bowl.
- Then add 3 teaspoons of powdered oatmeal to it.
- Mix well to make a fine paste and spread it on the freckled skin.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and rinse off with water.
- Continue doing the same process for once daily until you achieved freckles free flawless skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Application of any of these natural ingredients like tomato juice or any other citrus juice, cucumber pulp, grated potato, mulberry extract & licorice root extract, eggplant, licorice root powder & jojoba oil, mint juice & mashed banana, etc. on the freckled skin will help you a lot in dealing with this problem.
- You can also go with oil applications like castor oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil on the freckles affected areas regularly to fade away these dark spots on the skin.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body well hydrated and detoxified. Consume fresh fruits and vegetables along with fiber rich whole grains that are enriched with vitamin A, C, E, K and B-complex which are essential for healthy skin.
- Rinse your face with mild soaps which don’t contain harsh chemicals especially after coming from outside and at night before going to bed.
- Apply sunscreen with a high SPF and wear clothes and hats that prevent the skin from the sun while going out. Avoiding spending lots of time outside when the sun’s intensity is at its peak.
- Consult your dermatologist if you didn’t find any relief from these ugly spots on the skin for proper diagnose and treatment. Courtesy By: http://diyremedies.org/