Having a bright, healthy and radiant skin is a dream for everyone but do you ever wonder that why the skin tone is different from everyone. The main reason is the presence of melanin in the top layer (epidermis) of the skin
So, the presence of more melanin, the darker will be your skin tone and vice versa. Stress, poor diet, sun exposure, certain medications, usage of cosmetic or chemical based skin products, improper hygiene, environmental pollution, nutritional deficiencies, hectic lifestyle, dry skin, etc. are some external factors that trigger the raise in the melanin production and thereby make your skin look dull and darker.
However, there are many commercial skin care products available in the market to reduce the melanin content and keep the skin bright and flawless but the main drawback is the harmful chemicals present in these products and using it for the long term will result in skin cancer and other serious problems.
Stop worrying about your melanin pigment, as you can easily reduce it with the help of some natural remedies. Here, in this article, we will let you about an amazing ingredient called almond oil for lightening your skin without any side effects.
Let’s get started…
How Does Almond Oil Works for Skin Lightening?
Here are some of its benefits mentioned in detail that let you know how it works well in lightening your skin tone by reducing the melanin content.
- Almond oil has many essential vitamins like A, B and E that hold the moisture in the skin cells and thereby prevents it from dryness and outside environmental pollutants.
- The rich content of vitamin E and fatty acids along with antioxidants will help to cleanse the skin pores and prevent the attack of free radicals to reduce the signs of aging and appearance of wrinkles. They keep the skin supple and young.
- It acts as a natural emollient that balances your skin’s water levels and prevents dry or dehydrated skin.
- The monounsaturated fats will lighten the skin and soothe the skin with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It effectively lightens the acne scars, stretch marks, spots, blemishes and other scars on the skin and reduces the production of melanin content.
- It has a natural sunscreen with SPF 5 that helps to reduce the sunburn, tanning and other effects of prolonged sun exposure.
- It helps for the proper production of sebum and prevents clogged pores. It encourages the production of new and healthy skin cells to reduce the melanin pigment.
- Massaging the skin with almond oil will increase the blood circulation and thereby rejuvenate and re-energize your skin to keep it look young, soft and beautiful.
- Regular application of almond oil will treat hyper pigmentation and clears any skin discoloration that ranges from acne, dark spots to wrinkles.
How to use Almond Oil to Lighten the Skin:
Here are some effective ways of using almond oil for skin whitening. All you need is to follow any of the methods regularly until you achieved your desired skin lightening.
Method – 1: (Almond Oil with Honey)
A simple massage of almond oil on your skin for 15 minutes before bedtime will help to lighten your skin but the combination of honey and almond oil will help you to grab more skin benefits and thereby lightens the skin.
Here are few ways of using almond oil and honey for lightening your skin.
- Add equal quantities of raw honey and almond oil in a bowl and stir to apply it on the skin. Massage and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water and then cold water. Repeat it once in every 2 days.
- Pomegranate reduces the production of melanin and keeps your skin fresh. Simply blend 1/2 cup of pomegranate fruit into a thick paste and add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of almond oil to it. Stir and apply it as an even layer all over the skin and rinse off with cold water after 20 minutes.
- Gram flour is an excellent skin lightener. Mix 30 grams of gram flour, 20 grams of normal flour, 1 teaspoon of almond oil and 2 tablespoons of honey to make a paste. Apply it on the skin and rinse off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water followed by cold water. Do it regularly for 3 times a week.
Method – 2: (Almond Oil Scrub with Sugar)
Scrubbing the skin with almond oil and sugar will remove the dead skin cells and clear the skin by protecting the skin from harmful sun’s rays.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar in 1 tablespoon of almond oil in a bowl to make a scrub paste.
- Apply it all over the uneven skin tone areas and scrub it gently in circular motions for few minutes.
- Rinse the applied area with cold water after 10 – 15 minutes.
- Continue the same process for twice a week on regular basis.
- Or replace sugar with salt to exfoliate the skin.
- For best results, add any fruit pulp or rose water to this mix before applying on the skin.
Method – 3: (Almond Oil Bleach with Corn and Lemon Juice)
The combination of fresh lemon juice, corn flour, and almond oil will work as a bleaching mask that not only whitens your uneven skin tone but also hydrates it properly.
- Mix enough of fresh lemon juice, almond oil, and corn flour in a bowl to make a thick paste.
- Apply it all over the skin and wait for 20 minutes.
- Then wash the applied areas by scrubbing the mix gently with lukewarm water.
- Finally, rinse the area with cold water to close the skin pores and dry the skin.
- Regular follow – up of this process for twice a week will definitely help you to achieve your desired brightness.
- Or mix equal amounts of lemon juice and almond oil and apply it on the skin. Massage gently for few minutes and rinse the area after 15 minutes with lukewarm water and cold water. Continue doing the same process for 2 – 3 times a week.
- Or combine 1 teaspoon of almond oil, 1/2 teaspoon each of red sandal powder and turmeric, 1 egg white in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Spread it on the skin and rinse with water after 15 minutes. Do it thrice a week on regular basis.
Method – 4: (Almond Oil with Fruits)
Here are some combinations of fruits with almond oil used to lighten the skin tone.
- With Banana – Banana enhances the collagen production and makes your skin supple and well moisturized. Mix 1 teaspoon of almond oil in 1 mashed ripe banana to make a thick paste. Apply it all over the skin, massage and rinse after 20 minutes with cold water. Repeat it thrice in every week.
- With Strawberry – Stir 1 tablespoon of almond oil in 3 tablespoons of strawberry pulp. Spread this paste on all over the uneven skin tone areas. Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes. Do it regularly for 2 – 3 times a week.
- With Orange Juice and Figs – This is a scrub that exfoliates the skin and polishes it gently. Mix few drops of almond oil and 2 teaspoons of orange juice in 2 tablespoons of fig paste. Apply it on the skin and scrub it gently for few minutes. Rinse off with water and dry your skin. Do this scrub for thrice a week.
Method – 5: (Almond Oil with Essential Oils)
There are many essential oils that make your skin flawless and glowing with its amazing antibacterial, astringent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Here almond oil is used as base oil that helps to grab these benefits from essential oils.
- Pour 4 drops of lemon essential oil, 8 drops of sandalwood essential oil and 1 oz of sweet almond oil in a glass bottle.
- Stir well by shaking the bottle gently till all these oils are mixed.
- Then apply few drops of this oil mix on your clean skin and massage it for few minutes till the oil absorbed into the skin.
- Leave it for overnight and rinse off in the next morning.
- Dry the skin and repeat this oil application regularly till you get relief from this problem.
Method – 6: (Almond Oil Bath with Milk Powder)
Taking your bath with an oil will moisturize your skin and make it soft. Milk powder exfoliates the skin and makes it fresh and radiant.
- Mix 250 Gms of milk powder in 1/2 cup of almond oil to make a paste.
- Pour this mix into your bathtub filled with water.
- Soak in this water for about 15 – 20 minutes and take your normal bath.
- Dry your skin thoroughly and repeat the same soaking process daily to obtain quick results.
Method – 7: (Almond Oil Pack with Licorice)
The combination of licorice and almond oil will provide you some amazing skin benefits like de-tan, remove scars, lessen the appearance of dark spots and lighten your skin effectively.
- Pour 5 drops of almond oil in 2 tablespoons of licorice powder.
- Stir it by adding enough rose water or raw milk to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on the skin as an even layer and wait for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Wash the area with water and continue the process for 2 – 3 times a week regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
- Always use sweet almond oil for your skin lightening regimen, as it exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells and other dirt. Also, avoid the excess application of this oil, as it clogs the skin pores and thus results in acne or pimples.
- Remember that for best results, you have to apply almond oil at night before bedtime but not in the morning before stepping out into the sun why because the almond oil may tan and darken the skin (happen in some cases) rather than lightening it.
- Protect your skin from external factors by simply wearing a scarf and applying sunscreen lotion before stepping out in sun and also moisturize regularly with natural skin moisturizers.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly to unclog the skin pores by removing the dead skin cells. Also, remove your makeup at night before bedtime and use this almond oil as your makeup remover.
- Drink plenty of water and consume a healthy diet to flush out the toxins from the body and to rejuvenate your skin and body.
- Exercise regularly and practice yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises along with sleeping 6 – 7 hours daily will help you to keep away the stress and thereby even tone your skin.
- If you’re experiencing the increase of melanin production in the skin unknowingly, then consult your dermatologist to know the exact reason and treatment. Courtesy By: http://diyremedies.org/