YOU don’t need the “Luck O’ the Irish” to pull off this easy and delicious Lucky Charms cereal ice cream cake, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! With a crust made from crunchy and colorful cereal and a mint chocolate chip ice cream center, this cake is a magical rainbow taste explosion you’ll be making again and again.
- about 2.5 cups lucky charms cereal
- 4 T, melted butter
- about 2 cups, softened ice cream, we used mint chocolate chips
- 8 oz, melted hot fudge
- about 2 cups whipped topping
- marshmallows and edible glitter stars, for decoration
We’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with this amazingly easy-to-make Lucky Charms ice cream cake. Not only does it taste like all your childhood dessert dreams come true, it looks like a million bucks. Plus, it has the added bonus that you make it ahead of time so when it comes time to serve, all you have to do is take it out of the freezer. Lazy AND amazing? Yes, please!
1. First, let’s make that deeeeelicious Lucky Charms pie crust! It’s easier than you think: all you have to do is use a rolling pin to crush 1 1/2 cups of cereal, then add 4 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir, then pat down on the bottom of a pie or baking dish. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes till golden. (You can also pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes on high in a pinch- but only if it’s in a glass or other microwave safe container!).
2. Set the crust aside and let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Next, spread a generous layer of slightly softened ice cream over the crust- we used mint chocolate chip and it was AMAZING! Sprinkle another layer of cereal on top of the ice cream, because why not?
3. Grab your jar of fudge and remove the metal lid so you can heat the jar in the microwave til melted through, about 30 seconds. Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the ice cream, spreading it with a spoon.
4. Finally, top the whole thing with a generous helping of whipped cream! Once it’s complete, put the whole cake in the freezer for at least 4 hours in order for the whole thing to set. We decorated the cake before serving with lucky charms marshmallows, and adorable edible glitter stars!
This Lucky Charms Cake is the perfect way to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day! Or your birthday, your coworker’s birthday, or a random Tuesday – literally any day is a celebration with this ice cream cake on the table!