- Butter 1/2 cup (softened)
- Egg yolks 1
- Powdered sugar 1/2 cup
- All-purpose flour 1 1/4 cups
- Almond meal 1/4 cup
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Lemon zest 1/2 tsp
- Seedless strawberry jam 1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar for sprinkle.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C or 330F.
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour, almond meal and salt.
- In another bowl mix together butter and powdered sugar with electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk then add lemon zest. Gradually add mixed dry ingredients and mix until all blends.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each portion to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter. Cut centers out of half of cookies with a 1 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Make sure that you have an even number of solid and cut out cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes then cool on wire racks.
- Spread solid cookies with jam and then sandwich with a cut out cookie. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
COURTESY BY: http://www.khanapakana.com