- 5oz • baby spinach
- 1 • small cauliflower head [cut into florets]
- 1 • small onion [diced]
- 1/2 cup • shredded mozzarella [plus a little more for on top]
- 2 tbsp • cream
- 1 tbsp • butter [plus a little more for sauteing the onion]
- 1 tsp • nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- Turn on broiler.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Once it boils rapidly, add the cauliflower florets and boil for 10 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets into a food processor. Blitz the cauliflower until smooth with the cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the cauliflower boils, saute the onion in a little bit of butter until soft and and then add the spinach, nutmeg and cloves and cook until wilted.
- Now mix the cauliflower, spinach/onion and cheese together, adjust seasoning if needed, and scoop into a cast iron pan or small baking dish.
- Slide under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown.