Muskmelon is a summer fruit full of nutritions and has a sweet taste. this fruit is very good for those people who are suffering from Insomnia and sleeplessness.
Here are some benefits mention below
- Controls blood pressure: Muskmelons are rich in potassium, which helps in regulating the blood pressure.
- Strengthens eyes: They have high doses of vitamin A and beta-carotene, which sharpen eyesight and reduce the risk of cataract.
- Helps in weight loss: Muskmelons have negligible fat content. Carbohydrates in them are from sugars that are broken down easily. Muskmelons’ seeds also have high potassium, which helps in losing belly fat.
- Helps control diabetes: Muskmelons help in controlling diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels.
- Cholesterol-free: They are absolutely cholesterol free and can be had without any worry.
- Boosts Immunity: Vitamin C strengthens immune system and muskmelons have plenty of it. They stimulate production of white blood cells to help fight infections.
- Treats Ulcers: The high quantity of vitamin C helps in treatment and prevention of ulcers.
- Relieves constipation: Muskmelon contains a significant amount of dietary fibre, which relieves constipation by adding bulk to your diet.
- Prevents kidney stones: An extract of muskmelon called oxykine has proven qualities of curing kidney disorders and stones. It also cleanses the kidneys owing to its high water content.
- Helps during pregnancy: High folate content prevents water retention by removing excess sodium from the body.
- Cures sleeping disorder: Muskmelons relax the nerves and muscles to relieve insomnia.
- Eases menstrual cramps: Due to its anti- coagulant property it dissolves clots and eases muscle cramps.
- Prevents risk of cancer: The vitamin C eliminates free radicals and prevents the risk of getting cancer
- Helps in quitting smoking: It rejuvenates the lungs and helps the body recover from nicotine withdrawal faster.
- Prevents heart diseases: The adenosine in muskmelons has blood thinning properties, which automatically reduces the risk of heart ailments.
- Acts as a stress reliever: Eating muskmelons increases the flow of oxygen to the brain thereby helping in relaxation and focus.
- Cures skin problems: Muskmelon juice aids in treating skin problems and can also be applied as a lotion on skin abrasions to soothe burns and irritation. It also has anti-ageing properties and gives the skin a natural glow.
- Strengthens hair and nails: The vitamin B content in the fruit and the high protein content in the seeds strengthen nails and hair, prevents hair fall and ensures a natural shine on both hair and nails.
- Prevents nausea: Muskmelons are natural diuretics that reduce vomiting sensation upon consumption.
- Cures tooth ache: The skin of the fruit contains certain extracts which when boiled in water help in curing toothache. Just rinse your mouth with the boiled concoction.
- Helps in treating acidity: Having an almost neutral pH factor, it helps tip the acid-base balance in the body towards neutral.
- Cures UTI: Muskmelons are prescribed food for treating urinary tract infection and other bladder infections.
- High source of protein: The seeds contain a very high percentage of proteins in them. According to study published in the World Applied Sciences Journal, this nutritional content is same as soy milk and confirms that muskmelon seeds are a great source of protein.
- Helps getting rid of intestinal worms: Studies show that the muskmelon seeds help in expelling the intestinal worms from system.
- Keeps the body hydrated: The muskmelon is high in water content, which keeps your body hydrated in hot summer season. It also cools body for protection against heat.
- Relieves congestion: The seeds flush out excess phlegm from the system and provide relief from congestion.