- 1 1/2 pounds ripe peaches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- About 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half (light cream)
- Peel peaches if desired (see note above), then pit and slice them. In a food processor or blender, purée 2/3 of the peaches with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, vanilla, and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour into a large bowl, add half-and-half, and nest bowl in ice water; stir often until cold, 10 to 15 minutes. Or cover and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- In a bowl, with a potato masher or fork, coarsely mash remaining peaches with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Set container in ice water and stir often until cold, about 5 minutes. Add to half-and-half mixture; taste, and add more sugar if desired.
- Pour chilled mixture into a 1-quart (or larger) ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions until mixture is firm enough to scoop, dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
- Serve ice cream softly frozen, or package airtight and freeze up to 1 week; let stand at room temperature 10 to 20 minutes to soften for scooping.
Courtesy By: http://khanapakana.com/