1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla for 1 minute on medium-high speed using an electric mixer.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt to the dough mixture. Beat on medium-low speed until the flour is barely incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop cookie dough into heaping tablespoon balls (a cookie scoop works wonderfully for this) on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat. Flatten the balls so they are 1/2-inch high disks. Cookies should be 2 inches apart from one another.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes until golden. Remove the sheet from the oven and allow to cool on the sheet for 3 minutes. Remove the cookies from the sheet to a cooling rack.
Enjoy with a glass of milk.