- 1-1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
- 4 green onions, chopped (more for garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, toss the chicken thighs together with Chinese five-spice powder and salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil until hot. Add chicken thighs and cook 5 minutes on each side, until browned and juices run clear. Transfer thighs to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- In drippings in skillet, on medium heat, cook chopped green onions until browned, about three to four minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, plum jam and balsamic vinegar; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and reduce down until sauce is syrupy; about four minutes. Return the chicken thighs to the skillet and coat with the sauce. Garnish with green onion.