Coffee is very popular worldwide, and today’s metropolitan lives are fueled by coffee.
A good cup of coffee is just what many of us need to jump-start the day. Not just that, coffee is even good for your health. It can help fight stress, improve your brain power, keep your heart healthy, boost your immunity and lots more.
Coffee is also good for your skin. A 2007 study published in the European Journal of Cancer Prevention reports that daily caffeinated coffee consumption was associated with a dose-related decreased prevalence of nonmelanoma skin cancer in Caucasian women.
In addition, a 2015 study published in the International Journal of Dermatology reports that coffee helps protect skin from photoaging, which is the cumulative detrimental effects (such as wrinkles or dark spots) that occur due to exposure to sunlight and especially ultraviolet (UV) light.
Also, the polyphenols in coffee, including chlorogenic acids, may contribute to decreased hyperpigmentation in skin spots.
Apart from drinking coffee, you can use coffee grounds or extracts to make highly effective face masks and scrubs to enjoy healthy and glowing skin. When used as a scrub, ground coffee helps get rid of dead skin cells and promote regeneration of new, healthy skin. Being rich in antioxidants, coffee helps make your skin look younger!
Also, the caffeine in coffee helps draw out excess moisture from your skin, making it look and feel smoother and firmer. It also helps reduce facial puffiness.
Plus, for making scrubs using coffee grounds, you do not need a long list of ingredients. Just one or two readily available ingredients and your face masks are ready! Ingredients like coconut oil, yogurt and coconut milk, when combined with coffee grounds help nourish your skin and add a radiant glow.
Here are three different two-ingredient DIY coffee face scrubs for glowing skin.
#1 DIY Ground Coffee & Coconut Oil
#1 DIY Ground Coffee & Coconut Oil Scrub for Your Face
This simple and easy-to-make coffee face scrub is great for all skin types. The coconut oil in it will help moisturize dry skin as well as
1. Put 2 tablespoons of ground coffee in a small bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. It is best to use extra-virgin coconut oil.
3. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until you get a smooth paste.
4. Your homemade coffee and coconut oil face scrub is ready for use.
#2 DIY Ground Coffee & Yogurt Face Scrub
You can also use a combination of ground coffee and yogurt to add a glow to your skin. This mask is particularly good for those with oily skin.
1. Put 1 tablespoon of ground coffee in a bowl.
2. Next, add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt to it. Preferably, drain the excess water from the yogurt before using it or the consistency of your face mask may be too runny.
3. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to remove any lumps and get a smooth paste.
4. Your coffee ground and yogurt face scrub is ready for use.
#3 DIY Ground Coffee & Coconut Milk Face Scrub
Being rich in nutrients, coconut milk is also great for your skin. You can combine it with coffee grounds to fight problems like sagging skin and age spots, while also brightening your skin.
1. Put 2 to 3 teaspoons of ground coffee in a bowl.
2. Mix in 2 to 3 teaspoons of coconut milk to get a thick paste.
3. Your ground coffee and coconut milk face scrub is ready for use.
How to Use Your Homemade Coffee Ground Face Masks
- Wash your face thoroughly to get rid of any makeup, dirt and oil.
- Using a clean brush or even your fingers, apply the face mask all over your face.
- Allow it to dry for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use wet fingers to scrub off the mask in circular motions.
- Finally, rinse off the mask with water.
- Pat dry your skin gently with a soft towel.
- Use it once or twice a week for effective results.
- You can also make a scrub using ½ cup each of coffee grounds and sugar along with ¼ cup of coconut oil.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, turmeric or honey in these face scrubs.
- If you experience any discomfort or burning sensation, remove the scrub right away.
- Always remember that everyone’s skin is different and can react differently to different natural ingredients.
- Homemade coffee bean grounds are safe for all skin types.
- You can buy coffee grounds from the market or grind coffee beans at home. Always make sure the granules are not too sharp or else it could damage your skin.
Courtesy By: http://top10homeremedies.com/