DIY Wedding Favors
Weddings are all about people coming together and sharing the day as family and friends. Many couples like to send guests home with a little something to commemorate the special occasion.
Here are just some of the ideas I have had that would make perfect DIY wedding favors for all you natural-living couples out there:
20 Natural DIY Wedding Favors
1. Seed Packets – Put together a packet of wildflower seeds. On the outside, hang a tag that says “Let Love Grow.” (Or purchase these “Sow Seeds of Love” packets if there is no time to make tags.)
2. Coffee – Fill a bag with gourmet coffee beans and use a tag that says “The Perfect Blend” 0r “Grounds For Celebration.”
4. Candles – Make natural beeswax candles and attach a tag that says “Let Love Glow.”
5. Sugar Scrubs – Make up peppermint or spearmint sugar scrub cubes and label with a tag that says “Mint To Be.”
6. Bath Salts – Make a blend of bath salts using the couple’s colors and flowers from the bride’s bouquet. Fill small jars and label with the names and date.
8. Popcorn – Fill a small jar with popcorn kernels and use a tag that says “Thanks For Popping By”.
9. Tea Blend – Make up a special Tea Blend and place in small jars. Label with a tag that says “Love Is Brewing.”
10. Jam – Fill small jars with homemade jam and label with tags that say “Spread The Love.”
11. S’Mores – In a small bag, layer a few organic graham cracker squares, a square of natural chocolate, and a large natural marshmallow. Label with a tag that says “S’More Love.”
12. Caramels – Make your own caramels and label with a tag that says “Love Is Sweet.”
14. Seed Bombs – Make seed bombs by mixing soil, clay, a bit of water, and some seeds. Roll into a sphere and bag with a label that says “Love Grows.” You may also want to print a description and some instructions for planting on the back of the tag.
15. Bird Seeds Hearts – Mix some birdseed, melted suet, and peanut butter and form into hearts. Bag and label with one of the above quotes.
16. Pine Cone Fire Starters – Dip pine cones in wax and let dry. Bag with a label that says “Sparks Are Flying.” For something different, use Sweet Gum pods.
17. Pine Tree Saplings – Purchase or grow pine tree saplings and package in some soil and a square of burlap. Tag with a label that says “Let Love Grow.” Let your guests know this can be planted just as it is.
18. Hand Made Confetti – Make your own paper, adding seeds to the mixture. Cut out in heart shapes and bag several at a time. Or make one large one with the couple’s names and date. Attach tags explaining that these can be planted.
19. Wood Coasters – Slice a branch that is at least 4-5 inches across into small rounds. Wood burn the names and date on each one. Use these coasters to set drinks on at the reception. You can also cut a hole in each one and attach a ribbon for storage or a Christmas ornament.
20. Dog Biscuits – Some couples involve pets in their wedding day and want to provide a treat for the guests’ pets. Make homemade dog biscuits (or cat treats) and label with a tag that says “Something To Bark About.”
Things to Remember When Labeling
When you make these favors, you should always include a tag of some sort. These are a few things that should be on each tag:
- The couple’s names – spelled correctly, of course!
- The date of the wedding
- The couple’s colors
- Ingredients if there may be allergy problems, such as peanuts
- Any instructions for use if necessary
Many Uses for Natural Favors
Some of these favor ideas could also be used for baby showers, bridal showers, and housewarmings – with a few tweaks in wording. Have fun and let your imagination soar!
COURTESY BY: https://www.diynatural.com