- kg kingfish
- 100g onions
- 1teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1teaspoon red chili powder
- 100g low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2teaspoon fenugreek seeds(methi)
- 3tablespoons oil or 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped,for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add onions and saute until brown.
- Grind the onions.
- Put the ground onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt to the ground onions.
- Add fish pieces to this, mix well and marinate the fish in this mixture for 2 hours.
- In the same oil which was used to saute the onions, add the methi seeds.
- Allow to sizzle a bit, then remove them once they turn brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the same oil.
- Saute until the raw smell is gone.
- Add red chilli and turmeric powders.
- Mix well and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the marinated fish pieces.
- Add half a glass of water and mix well.
- Keep on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chappatis.
Courtesy by: http://food.com/recipe/